GGS is a team of storytellers committed to championing storytelling as part of Guelph's rich culture.
To that end:
- We support and celebrate each other's unique talents and passions.
- We plan programs and events for adults that offer opportunities for experienced and would-be-tellers to participate.
- We open our arms to a broader community of storytellers and supporters of storytelling to engage with us in our year-long, prescheduled events. (See guest tellers)
- We commit to cultivate partnerships and work together and use our storytelling skills for good.
- We strive to adapt to the virtual world and maximize our potential.(e.g., mirror live-time events to Zoom, post on our designated YouTube channel.)
Here is the GGS 2018/19 organizing team: Rusty, Sya, Jenny, Beve, and Susan - making plans for the year (Sept 2018). (Active member, Brian is on sabbatical in 2018.)
Want to join us? Be assured of a warm welcome. You can share your talents and/or we will work with you and be a partner/mentor to support your storytelling learning as requested. We offer to make a business card for you. We post your photo and write a profile. Click here. You are invited to join our monthly planning meetings. You are privy to invitations directed to the Guild. (e.g., senior home, community event, school). A membership fee of $10 goes towards our operating costs (e.g., advertising, printing, Web fees, stationery.) To join or more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see the Rogers TV story at #Guelph Life about us, recorded at our opening event at the Enabling Garden on June 29, 2018.