SEASON CLOSING of TALES FROM THE HILL 2021
On Wednesday, June 2 we celebrated the season with a two-hour event. It was a charming evening. Such a rich ecelctic array of stories - - - folktales that prompted listeners to suspend belief as only a story can do, stories of family, memories, and mystery..
We welcomed celebrated tellers: Susan Boucaud, Jean Bubba, Elizabeth Matson, and June Brown. In addition, our own members Don Conibear, Brian Holstein, Rusty Dougherty and Jenny Q charmed us.
Each monthj it was wonderful to welcome liosteners and tellers from far and wide. Not to be trite, but the silver lining applies to the virtual world was evindent. How, else but virtually, could we meet friends from Texas, Wisconsin, Australia, across the country, and more.
Now we welcome the summer evewnt - every Friday morning at 10:30 EDT. Click here.
Messages from listeners and guest tellers:
- I'm so glad I got to hear your story Sya! As always, it was a special tale and you told it so beautifully.
~ AK June 5, 2021
- Brian always seems to come up with something new and different that tickles the funny bone, touches the heart and gives us a glimpse into life in Australia as it used to be.
~ AK June 2, 2021
- Hello Sya,
Just want to thank you for extending an invitation to villagers to attend the telling last evening. I enjoyed it very much! Don's story about the Burghers of Calais picked me, and I’ve now repeated it to my son, an illustrator, who knows more about art than I do, and who wil be very interested in the story I’m sure. I don’t see myself as a story teller, but I sure like to hear a good story so that was a great pleasure for me, and I am grateful! 🤓
(LK (May 5, 2021)
- Sya, I just love the way you tell, the honesty in your voice and your choice of stories- you are awesome!. This week I found a link on Facebook to the Guelph Guild of storytellers and I was able to listen to you on YouTube. I was truly elated.
~ CD, Halifix.
- "What a treat and a privilege to share the Guelph Story Teller’s stories tonight. I enjoy as a listener each month. But at Christmas, and this Christmas especially, we all need to think of these wonderful stories from years past. So thankful."
NC (Dec 23, 2020)
"Many thanks for the invite to tell in Guelph. I enjoyed the stories and meeting your group. Susan’s ending was perfect."
JB (Dec 2, 2020)
- ". . . Find it interesting and intriguing that there could be such a variety of stories. Thumbs up! "
DV (Dec 2, 2020)
- ". . . Your evenings always have a lovely tone of peace, acceptance, and impressive tales. Thank you."
AK (Nov 4, 2020)
- . . . thanks for such a delightful evening last night. I have the dates noted until Christmas.
NC (Sept 3, 2020)
New season begins on SEPTEMBER 1, 2021.
Storytelling is a dynamic active interplay between the story, the teller and listeners, so virtual storytelling via Zoom is definitely second-best. However, one positive by-product of the virtual world is that geography is no barrier.